This house is now completed and open for viewing. JJ McCament of Point Ruston sends this update on progress for both Point Ruston (the lower site) and Stack Hill (the upper hillside) now that master plan has been approved.
1. On August 12, 2008 the Ruston Town Council approved Resolution No. 430 authorizing the Mayor to sign the LID Interlocal Agreement with Tacoma. On August 26, Tacoma’s Council approved Resolution No. 37578 authorizing the execution of the LID Interlocal Agreement with Ruston and Resolution No. 37580 amending the agreement with Seattle Northwest Securities for financial advisory services associated with the Point Ruston LID. Next steps include LID formation in each jurisdiction.
2. On September 5 Congressman Dicks and representatives from Ruston & Tacoma toured Point Ruston for a briefing on remediation efforts and redevelopment plans underway.
3. Construction on Copperline Condos, the first mixed-use building at Point Ruston, is moving along nicely and we hope to make significant progress before the winter weather sets in. The 50,000 sq. ft. slab-on-grade for the first level of the parking structure has been poured and construction of the second level of parking is well underway. This second level also includes over 20,000 sq. ft. of ground floor commercial/retail space.
4. Point Ruston has selected Colliers International to market and lease retail and commercial spaces at Point Ruston. Colliers will be introducing Point Ruston to the retail community at the West Coast ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers) meeting in San Diego the week of September 8. You may view the Point Ruston leasing brochure on our website at https://www.pointruston.com/.
5. The first Stack Hill Model Home is now open Saturdays from 12 – 4 p.m. It is located on Lot 33 just east of the intersection of 49th and Baltimore Street . We invite the community to stop by and tour this beautiful home!
This article originally found on the Ruston Home site.