The year is quickly coming to a close, and you’re probably wondering where and with whom you’ll spend your last moments of 2015. One of the most popular ways to ring in the New Year in Tacoma is to enjoy a delectable dinner at one of the many restaurants located on Ruston Way. After dinner, head out for endless cocktails and lively conversation, or for a vibrant celebration of live music and dance away those final moments of 2015.
Places to Get the NYE Party Started
Kick the last night of the year off right with dinner and drinks overlooking the Tacoma waterfront. Whether you prefer a casual dining experience or something a little more upscale, picturesque Ruston Way has your New Year’s Eve celebration covered.
- Two Town Pub and Café: Located at 5005 Ruston Way, this is one of Tacoma’s tastiest and most exciting sports bars and restaurants. Stunning waterfront views make it a perfect place to spend a fun-filled New Year’s Eve. Two Town Pub and Café’s laid-back NYE dining experience has all of the fun of a busier affair without all of the bells and whistles (though, you’re perfectly welcome to wear bells, whistles, and feather boas if it suits you).
- Katie Downs Tavern & Eatery: Gourmet burgers, award-winning pizzas, and fresh seafood help Northwest-themed tavern Katie Downs stand out from other local pubs. The 21-and-older tavern located at 3211 Ruston Way features an expansive deck as well as wall-to-wall windows that reveal sprawling views of the Tacoma waterfront.
- Duke’s Chowder House: Known for using quality, sustainable ingredients, grass-fed beef, and of course, for their award-winning chowder, Duke’s Chowder House is a savory waterfront restaurant that also happens to know how to have a fantastic time; located at 3327 Ruston Way, Duke’s is voted as having one of the best happy hours in Tacoma. Fuel up at Duke’s before heading out for an eventful New Year’s celebration.
- Harbor Lights: For over 50 years, Harbor Lights has been a Ruston Way staple. Situated over the water at 2761 Ruston Way, Harbor Lights is known for generous servings of fresh seafood and strong drinks; perfect for meeting up with friends before the festivities begin.
Bars & Restaurants to Finish the Evening’s Festivities
After dinner, if you aren’t attending Tacoma’s popular family-friendly First Night celebration, head to one of these nearby restaurants or bars to count down to 2016.
- Jazzbones: Located at 2803 6th Avenue, Jazzbones is one of Tacoma’s most popular live-music hotspots. On December 31, Jazzbones will feature NYE w/ Ben Union, Nolan Garrett, and Cody Raymond.
- Doors open at 7:00 p.m.; show starts at 9:00 p.m.; NYE party ends at 2:00 a.m.
- Tickets are $20.00 per person
- C.I. Shenanigans: Situated at 3017 Ruston Way, CI. Shenanigans features fine-dining cuisine in casual environment. A special dessert menu is also pending for the evening’s dinner service. Dinner reservations are recommended; C.I. Shenanigans will stay open until 1:00 a.m. on NYE, so if you find you’re having too much fun to leave after the meal, it’s the perfect place to share your last memories of 2015 with family and friends.
- The Ram Restaurant & Brewery: Established in 1971, this member-owned restaurant and bar located at 3001 Ruston Way features a varied beer selection, which includes seasonal brews. Hearty burgers, steaks, fried prawns, and meaty sandwiches make for great dinners on long nights. This NYE, The Ram will have a late night dinner menu, party favors, and will show the ball drop on big screen TVs. The Ram will stay open until 1:00 a.m.; no cover is required. Attendance is first-come, first-serve.
Best of Both Worlds: Pacific Grill’s New Year’s Eve with Free Rain
Fill your NYE need for both an intimate dinner and vibrant night of dancing in one place at the Pacific Grill in downtown Tacoma (1515 Commerce St.). Pacific Grill is not only Tacoma’s most award-winning restaurant led by chef and owner Gordon Naccarto (a one-time winner of Food & Wine’s “Top Ten Best New Chefs in America”), it’s also a restaurant that boasts one of the best NYE parties on Tacoma.
- The Party: Pacific Grill offers two party packages this year; both packages provide access to celebrate the end of 2015 to the tune of the popular 6-piece cover band, Free Rain.
- Package A features a dinner, 10:00 p.m. snacks, party favors, and a toast.
- Package B features appetizers, party favors, and a toast.
- Hours & Costs:
- Package A kicks off at 7:00 p.m. and costs $100 ($104.49 with service fee) per guest.
- Package B kicks off at 9:00 p.m. and costs $90 ($94.14 with service fee) per guest.
Tickets for both packages are available online. Guests of Pacific Grill’s NYE with Rain can also take advantage of special NYE rates at the nearby Courtyard Marriott ($139-$149) or the Courtyard Tacoma Downtown ($134-$144).
New Year’s Eve with Free Rain is a perfect event for revelers who want to round out the year with an incredible meal before dancing the night away. It will be one of the best nights of the year and will culminate with a champagne toast.
It will be a night where you can say cheers to the past, present, and future because no matter where and how you choose to countdown to the end of 2015, a beautiful 2016 horizon will be looming just over Tacoma’s Point Ruston waterfront. Be safe, and have a Happy New Year!